New York is great for history, architecture, and the hustle and bustle of the city itself, but if you’re needing a weekend away from the urban jungle, we recommend some getaway destinations within two hours of the Big Apple.
Where to Stay
Find family-friendly accommodations in New York from traditional hotels to private vacation rentals through Stay22.com:
If you’re flying in from elsewhere and want to grab a train or simply want to save money with a compact rental car, here are some places you can safely store your luggage while you are off galivanting around without the literal baggage weighing you down.
- Philadelphia: You can easily reach Philadelphia from the city, and this is the place to explore if you love quirky street art. Enjoy gazing at the graffiti and mosaic art by local artists. Later visit the Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was signed.
- Southampton Beach: A day on the beach is a “must do” trip for those beach bums holidaying in NYC. Just take advantage of the luggage storage (including the Best New York luggage storage service) services and enjoy the beach.
- Manchester: Offering “Old World Charm,” Manchester is a place where you can visit historic mansions, dynamic art galleries, and local breweries. Pick from a wide range of outdoor activities and come back with a treasure of memories.
- The Poconos Mountains: The Poconos are indeed one of the best-kept secrets of the region. If you want to be outdoors in a scenic location, this is what you need. Just follow the guide for luggage storage before you hit the road and store away all that extra luggage you don’t need. Enjoy hiking, white-water rafting, and visit the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway.
- Berkshires: If its rural England charm you’re seeking, head for Berkshires. Picnic beside Berry Lake or the Barton Orchards, and immerse yourself in the midst of dense, lush forests and simply be with nature.
- Montauk Beach: White sand makes Montauk Beach a popular spot among the locals and tourists. A popular swanky beach weekend destination, Montauk offers sweeping views of the Atlantic (or try fishing while you’re in town; the region is known for some of the best saltwater fishing in America).